A Power Wheels Corvette is a children's version of the classic muscle car that is manufactured by the Chevrolet Company. The first Corvette was revealed in 1953, and the sports car has gained popularity ever since then. Power Wheels makes ride-on outdoor cars for kids to play with, and it has been a brand since 1984, when the name was purchased by a company called Kransco. However, the brand was later purchased by Mattel in 1994, and it quickly became a part of the Fisher-Price branch soon after.
Types of Power Wheels Vehicles
If you want to buy your child a ride-on Power Wheels car, there are a wide variety of options you can choose from. From toddlers to young children, there is a Power Wheels vehicle for any age, boy or girl. Their vehicle choices are:
- Stinger XS: An all-terrain vehicle that can be ridden in the sand and snow.
- Harley-Davidson Rocker: Motorcycle enthusiasts will love this miniature model of a classic Harley Davidson bike.
- Ford Mustang: The classic muscle car comes in a red version and a pink "Barbie Doll" version.
- Kawasaki KFX: Modeled after the popular all-terrain vehicle brand.
- Tot Rod: This vehicle for toddlers comes in a "Handy Manny" version for boys, and a "Disney Princess" version for girls.
- Cadillac Escalade Custom Edition: Coming in two colors, pink and black, this car makes a big statement on the playground!
- Jeep Hurricane: This vehicle, much like a real Jeep, can navigate tougher terrain than a normal Power Wheels vehicle.
- Lil' Quad: Coming in four versions, DC Super Friends, Barbie, Diego the Explorer, and his television cousin, Dora the Explorer, this miniature all-terrain vehicle is perfect for toddlers.
- Ford F-150: In silver and blue, this vehicle is a good choice for those who like the popular truck.
- Lighting McQueen: A ride-on version of the popular Cars movie hero, this Power Wheels vehicle is a good choice for children who liked the Disney movie.
- Corvette: The Corvette Power Wheels vehicle comes in red and pink.
Where to Buy a Power Wheels Corvette
Parents looking to purchase a Power Wheels Corvette for their children will want to get a good deal on the ride-on toy. Places you can purchase a Power Wheels Corvette in person are stores such as Wal-Mart, Target, Toys-R-Us, K-Mart, and Kohl's. If you want to order your Power Wheels vehicle online and have it shipped to your home, some good sites to take a look at are:
However, these toys are rather large and shipping costs might be prohibitive.
A few tips for keeping your kids safe while they play with their new ride-on vehicle include:
- Always supervise your kids as they ride.
- Never let children play with ride-on vehicles in the rain, snow, or other bad weather conditions.
- Only allow the weight limit listed to be used with the ride on vehicles. Any more weight added to the car may break it.
- Only use the car or motorcycle on approved surfaces.
As always, when letting your kids play with potentially dangerous toys, supervision is a must. These vehicles are safe when used under appropriate circumstances, but if the rules listed on the box or in the instruction manual are not followed, then the toy could break or your child might get hurt.
Power Wheels cars, motorcycles, and all-terrain vehicles are a fun way for kids to get around during playtime, and they come in a wide variety of colors, styles, and sizes.